Renting from people
Renting couldn't be easier. You find the item you want in the area you want, click on the post and check it's right for you. Scroll down to the bottom and the owner will have a contact card at the bottom. This may have a facebook or twitter account attached, and/or may have a mobile phone number or other contact details. Try whichever you prefer, but please remember the owners are ordinary people so keep with the 'act like a grown up' rule please.
You don't need to 'join' rentmyworld, you don't need an account, and you don't need to pay a penny to us.
Offering for rent
This is a little bit harder, as there is a bit of work for us to do manually and, sorry, we do need to charge a little bit of money.
- Send an e-mail to us at email@example.com explaining you would like to join as an renter.
- We will have a brief conversation with you via e-mail to ensure we're happy you know what you're doing, that you're a real person, and that you're not trying to rent out anything dodgy.
- Make a payment via bank transfer or PayPal. If you are in the local area you can pop around with the cash.
- We will set you up with an account with an agreed limit.
- If you go over these limits we will first contact you to discuss - accidents do happen. If you don't respond or amend accordingly, we may need to remove some of your posts.
- Similarly, if you post something unacceptable, we will deactivate it and contact you. Hopefully you will see the error of your ways and we won't have to delete your account!
How much does it cost?
Prices are correct at time of writing and subject to change
- Renting an item incurs no cost (from the site), the only thing you pay is what is agreed with between you and the owner.
- A simple account with up to 5 items available is £10/year.
- A middling account with up to 15 items available is £20/year.
- A power account with up to 50 items avsilable is £40/year.
If none of these accounts suit you, drop us an e-mail with your proposal and we would be more than happy to discuss.